Do you find yourself skipping breakfast? Perhaps, you just don’t have the time to prepare your breakfast meal? Or maybe, you just can’t whip up something good or worth eating? Well, you shouldn’t skip breakfast as it is the most important meal of the day. But we’re here to help you make some easy-to-prepare breakfast recipes to make sure you will never skip breakfast again.
Apple and Cheddar Tartine (by Real Simple)
Here’s something that’s seemingly fancy but preparation time takes only 10 minutes.
· 1/2 small baguette (5 ounces), split lengthwise, then crosswise
· 2 tablespoons apple butter
· 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
· 2 ounces Cheddar, sliced
1. Heat broiler. Broil the baguette until lightly toasted, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Dividing evenly, top with the apple butter, apple, and Cheddar. Broil until the Cheddar has melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Scrambled Egg Tacos (by Real Simple)
Want a little spice with your breakfast? Here’s a recipe that you don’t want to miss.
· 4 large eggs
· kosher salt and black pepper
· 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
· 4 corn tortillas, warmed
· 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
· 1/4cup salsa
· 1 ounce Monterey Jack, shredded (1/4 cup)
· 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
1. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Heat the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the eggs, stirring, until set but still soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Divide the eggs among the tortillas. Dividing evenly, top with the avocado, salsa, Monterey Jack, and cilantro.
Cinnamon Whole Grain Power Pancakes (by Pinch of Yum)
Like pancakes? You will surely love this healthy breakfast recipe.
· ½ cup milk
· 1 cup cottage cheese
· 2 whole eggs and 2 egg whites
· ½ cup wheat flour
· ½ cup rolled oats
· ½ tsp baking soda
· ½ teaspoon cinnamon
· ¼ teaspoon vanilla
1. Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds until the batter is mostly smooth. Preheat a griddle to medium high heat.
2. Pour about ¼ cup pancake batter onto the hot griddle and cook for about three minutes or until bubbles form on top. Flip to the other side and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and serve topped with fruit, almond butter, chia seeds, and of course, maple syrup.
Toast With Yogurt and Smoked Salmon (by Real Simple)
Change things up with your morning toast with this fish-based breakfast recipe.
· 2 large slices country bread, toasted
· ½ cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
· 4 ounces sliced smoked salmon
· 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
· 1 tablespoon capers
· black pepper
1. Dividing evenly, top the toast with the yogurt, salmon, onion, and capers. Season with the pepper.
Hopefully with these delicious and healthy recipes, you would never want to skip breakfast again.